A dietary supplement brand had been victim to numerous unauthorized third-party sellers (3Ps). These 3Ps had acquired product in various ways: liquidation auctions, huge sales at brick & mortar, distributors, and in more serious cases, by stealing it.
The negative effects the brand and its customers encountered included:
- Unauthorized repackaging of product
- Price dilution (going below MAP)
- Brand-image dilution (i.e. manipulation of product images, copy, etc.)
- Poor customer service
- Poor product quality control
- Loss of warranty and/or guarantees
We implemented the Vendo 6-Step Channel Control Strategy. The 2 most powerful steps being:
1. Vendo Enforcement Email Sequence (Months 1-2)
- Unmasked 3P’s to learn their direct contact information (name, phone number, email, address, aliases, etc.).
- Communicated with them to tell them they must remove their offers from the product listings, or they will be reported to Amazon and/or legal counsel.
- For the 3Ps that did not comply, and the 3Ps for which we did not have emails, we sent cease & desists.
2. Vendo Complaint Submission Strategy (Months 2-3)
- Dived deep into a 3P’s selling practices on Amazon, finding where they’re violating Amazon’s policies.
- Constructed an argument.
- Reported the 3P’s to the various Amazon departments, asking for their offers to be removed.
of ALL 3P's
of 3P's Removed
of 3P's Removed
Elimination of 90% of 3P’s within 3 months (Channel Control is an ongoing job!)
- With the Vendo Enforcement Email Sequence, we saw a 91% effectiveness rate in getting 3Ps to comply and ultimately remove their offers on Amazon.
- With the Vendo Complaint Submission Strategy, we saw an 80% effectiveness rate in getting the 3P’s removed.
Sales increased over 100% YoY
Brand has a clear, consistent, and controlled brand image on Amazon
Price integrity (MAP protection), brand copy, brand imagery, quality control of the products – and more – are now controlled.
Walmart agreed to take on their products for the upcoming season after seeing the level of control on Amazon.